Thursday, January 23, 2014

AN ARTICLE FOR LAME BRAINS

(TMI) – Seven Malay organisations in Penang, including the Kepala Batas Umno division, today lodged police reports against The Malaysian Insider, constitutional lawyer Edmund Bon and the owner of the Facebook page ‘Rejimen Anarki’ for sedition over remarks made that allegedly insulted the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and Malay rulers.
They are demanding that the police investigate the three parties under the Sedition Act 1948 for allegedly insulting the Yang di-Pertuan Agong and Malay rulers, and for allegedly inciting the people to hate the institution of the Malay rulers and the sanctity of Islam.
***************************************
At 6.00pm on Tuesday, 26 August 2008, I suddenly could not access Malaysia Today. I was desperately trying to access Malaysia Today from Permatang Pauh in Penang so that I could update the results of the by-election that Anwar Ibrahim had just won.

I called our technical chaps and they too could not access the site. They checked the server and everything was working fine. So it was not a technical problem. The Internet was working fine as well, as were our other hardware.
Our technical people were absolutely stumped as to what was happening. But they had a suspicion.
They then checked with some friends in the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) and ‘off-the-record’ were told that the Malaysian government was blocking access to Malaysia Today.
So that was that. No one in Malaysia could access Malaysia Today any longer. Those outside Malaysia faced no problems but if you tried accessing Malaysia Today from within Malaysia you would not be able to.
A few days later, a friend from MCMC contacted me and asked to meet in Bangsar. He told me that what we were about to discuss was off-the-record and that our meeting never happened. If I could agree to that then the meeting can continue. If not the meeting ends.
I agreed to the ‘terms’ of the meeting and was told that Malaysia Today was being blocked not because of what I wrote but because of the comments being posted in Malaysia Today. If I could agree to moderate the comments and bar ‘sensitive’ comments then the government will agree to unblockMalaysia Today.
It was either say yes or else kiss Malaysia Today goodbye, so I said yes.
In another incident, Muhammad son of Muhammad marched to the Dang Wangi Police Station in Kuala Lumpur to lodge a police report against me. The police report was regarding certain comments posted inMalaysia Today.
The police came to my house and confiscated all the computers in my house. They then summoned me to the police station for interrogation.
My interrogation took eight hours but they could not break me. According to a friend in the police force (who told me this story later), the report they sent to the IGP was that I was a hard nut to crack.
I knew that the IGP badly wanted me hooked because every hour or so a phone call would come in and the interrogating officer would brief the caller on the progress of the interrogation. And the way he was talking was very clear that he was speaking to someone very high up in the police force (the stupid fella).
Anyway, after eight hours of getting nowhere, they had no choice but to allow me to go home.
A few days later, they summoned my wife to the police station. They wanted to get her to incriminate me so that my wife’s statement could be used against me. The questions they had prepared for her were meant to implicate me in a crime of sedition.
But my wife and I had rehearsed what she was going to say. For each and every question they asked her, she replied, “As a Muslim, I am forbidden from talking to another man without my husband’s permission and since he has not given his permission for me to talk to you and has, in fact, forbidden me from talking to you, I cannot answer any of your questions or else, as a Muslim, he has a right to divorce me for disobeying him.”
She replied to all the questions in exactly the same way. She just repeated this for each and every question.
Her interrogation took only 45 minutes.
In yet another incident, a couple of our readers approached me during a Bloggers event in Subang and informed me that the police had raided their house/office to confiscate their computers. They were then summoned to the police station for interrogation regarding comments they posted in Malaysia Today. It seems more than 20 people were brought in by the police and one (an Umno man) was even charged for sedition. (In fact, I paid for his bail and he paid me back later).
These readers wanted to know how the police managed to track them down but I did not know the answer. I certainly did not give their names to the police because even I do not know who these readers who post comments are.
Anyway, back to the first story of Malaysia Today getting blocked.
Two weeks later, the MCMC unblocked Malaysia Today but the very next day the police came to my house to detain me without trial under the Internal Security Act.
So you see, you may think you have freedom of speech and that this freedom of speech gives you the right to post any and all comments in Malaysia Today. And if I do not allow you to post any and all comments in Malaysia Today then you say I am not respecting your freedom of speech.
Well, let me share one reality with you. What you post in Malaysia Today can and will get my arse fucked good and proper. And even if they can’t get me they can always block Malaysia Today so that no one in Malaysia can ever access Malaysia Today again.
So you can take your right of freedom of speech and shove it up your arse. In Malaysia Today you do not have any right of freedom of speech. You only have the privilege of posting comments. And privileges are not rights. Privileges are not what you own. Privileges are what I give you. And what the lord giveth the lord can taketh away.
Oh, and one more thing, that man with two Muhammad’s in his name, that man who made the police report against me that I spoke about above, that man you used to call the most corrupted Menteri Besar of Selangor, that same man who was caught trying to smuggle millions in cash into Australia (or was it out of Australia?), is now the darling of the opposition, Pakatan Rakyat.
Muhammad son of Muhammad now talks about Allah, Prophet Muhammad, Islam, and noble Islamic values. He also talks about fighting corruption, about respecting freedom of speech, about declining morals in Malaysia, and all that crap.
And this was the man who tried to get me stuffed into jail. And this is whom you call the darling of the opposition. And you lame brains still cannot understand why I whack the opposition? You people have shit for brains.

No comments: